- The Search for Steve Fossett: A Study on the Physical Response of Adventure Athletes (PDF)
- Goals of the Study: To understand how the body reacts to extreme conditions of exercise in highly trained athletes.
- Blaze: The Niagara Escarpment Race: A study on the physiological effects of multi-day stage running on trained endurance athletes
- Goals of the Study: To determine the amount of muscle damage and oxidative stress sustained by trained endurance athletes during a multi-day, non-stop trail running race covering ~900 km in < 4 days.
- The Explorers Club – FLAG 112 REPORT
- The 100 Miles of Wild summary report:
- Release date: April 22, 2014
- Download the report (PDF 40.53MB, 45 pages).
- To Hell and Back: The Canadian Death Race: Studying the role that core strength plays in the maintenance of running gait over long distances
- Goals of the Study: To understand what role core strength plays in affecting a runners gait, and in delaying the onset of muscular/skeletal lower body pain, discomfort, and injuries during an offroad 125 km ultra-marathon.
Interested in sponsoring Adventure Science? Contact us to find out how!